Substitutes (Casual), Various Shifts
Highbury Early Learning & Child Care Centre, 99 Highbury Road
At the Y, we’ve never met a kid whose potential we couldn’t see. With 35+ child-care centres in and around Winnipeg, we’re able to help 1,900 kids grow in mind, spirit and body each year. To make a difference in a child’s life, keep reading!
Are you the right fit?
- Honest, trustworthy and respectful in your approach with children
- Able to build positive relationships with children and families
- Able to implement activities which meet children’s needs
- Able to apply ELCC and the Y’s standards and requirements
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
What else do you need?
- Experience working with pre-school or school-aged children
- Manitoba Child Care Assistant certificate
- 40-hour child care training course (within first 12 months of employment)
- Emergency First Aid and CPR C certification
- Clear Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete written documentation
Why work at the Y?
- Great people and great work environment!
- Complimentary Y individual membership
- 5% employer-matching pension plan
- Many opportunities for growth and advancement!
Submit your cover letter and resume by March 27, 2020 to:
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.