Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA, R3C-3P1
Company: Wawanesa Insurance
Wawanesa Mutual Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada with $3 billion in annual revenues and assets of more than $9 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,500 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders through nine regional offices and 41 service offices in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience, advancement on a growing team.
Wawanesa is looking for an exceptional candidate to take on the role of Actuarial Analyst II or Senior Actuarial Analyst in our expanding personal lines practice. In this role, you will analyze data and conduct predictive and traditional pricing analysis on our existing and new products for the Western Canada regions. You will perform ad-hoc analysis and create ad-hoc reports to meet business objectives. In addition, you are expected to provide actuarial services or support to other pricing, corporate actuarial, product development, and system design projects.
- Perform ratemaking and product review mandates for personal property and automobile lines of business; make quality recommendations and provide implementation support when required.
- Prepare rate filings; provide data and other support to obtain approval for the proposed rate changes in the Western Canada regions.
- Provide actuarial support for new product development and assist in developing new system testing strategies.
- Perform monitoring activities to assess the quality of our insurance portfolio, and track the rates, market share and insurance results of our competitors.
- Conduct analysis to address insurance issues; propose quality solutions and provide implementation support when required.
- Maintain, develop, and validate actuarial reports to meet business needs.
- Maintain, modify, and validate predictive statistical models; interpret the model results to managers.
- Review analysis of others for reasonableness, completeness and accuracy
- Train/coach other actuarial staff on actuarial methods and actively share expertise with peers
- Assist in other actuarial/underwriting/IT areas as required.
Undergraduate university degree in Actuarial Mathematics, Statistics, Mathematics or other related field of study
Pursuing FCAS and have Credit for the following from the CAS Syllabus of Education:
Minimum of 3 Associateship Exams & VEE Credits
Minimum of 2 years’ prior work experience in insurance or related field
Experience with relevant modeling software such as Emblem, Classifier or Radar an asset
- Problem solving
- Strong ability to apply knowledge of actuarial science, mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to problems in insurance
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to translate problem solving methods and ideas to various computer languages efficiently and effectively
- Robust knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of database systems and how to interpret/extract data from those systems
- Able to adapt to new enterprise system environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate at the right level of complexity for the audience
- Presents ideas to audiences in with precision and clarity
- Strong ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change with a focus on client services
- Teamwork and leadership
- Works efficiently and cooperatively in a team environment and Involve others when appropriate
- Ask effective questions to elicit detailed and relevant information
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.
Accommodations are available as needed for all applicants.