Part Time, Weekday Afternoons & Evenings
Downtown, 301 Vaughan Street
Are you passionate about community and wellness? Do you enjoy working with youth ages 12-21? Our Newcomer Youth Wellness Program helps youth new to the community connect with others while increasing their knowledge and skills around mental, physical and social health. Reporting to and collaborating with the Program Coordinator, you will provide motivation, encouragement and support to help youth adjust to a new culture and country.
Are you the right fit?
- Assist in delivering trauma-informed wellness programming to newcomer youth
- Build strong relationships with participants
- Facilitate positive individual and group interaction
- Provide appropriate outreach and community resource assistance to participants
What else do you need?
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Verbal fluency in English and additional languages such as Arabic, Tigrinya, Swahili, and Kurdish
- Preference for applicants with personal experience of migration
- Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C (can provide)
- Mobile to work at different locations
- Caring, compassionate, patient and understanding
- Availability on weekday afternoons and some evenings
- Mental Health First Aid, NVCI/WEVAS-recommended
Why work at the Y?
- You make a difference in a youth’s life everyday
- Great people and dynamic work environment
- Complimentary individual Y membership
- Super rewarding job, helping youth grow and prosper!
Submit your cover letter and resume by October 16, 2020 to:
Sara Warkentin, Director, Newcomer Services at email@example.com
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.