- Focus on the skills you want to use instead of being trapped by your work history
- Reduce the time you spend sending resumes for jobs you don’t want
- Rebrand you as skilled, passionate and experienced at what you do
- Allow for different aspects of your career to shine without piling everything together
Targeted Cover Letters:
- Clearly tell the employer how you meet their needs
- Build a human, passionate bridge between skills and engagement
- Allow you to address relevant life experience that may not be in your resume
- Increase the effectiveness of targeted resumes by anywhere form 30-50%
- Empower you to take control of your job search instead of hoping for a break
- Provide a safe space to discuss your goals for your next position
- Can help with challenges related to your job search
- Are here to empower you to work independently once you understand the process
- May suggest other OVRC services that will help
Why invest the time?
- Simple, it works
- Most of us will change careers five to seven times in our lifetime
- Learning to target your resume and cover letter allows you to adapt when things change
- We’ve helped over 400 people get interviews and get jobs …every year …for twenty years
What Clients Are Saying
I would like to thank you for your help with revising my resume. It is now a more professional resume that highlights my work history and experience.
I knew very little about the Osborne Village Resource Centre and only expected assistance with my resume. I not only left with an impressive resume but I received guidance, information and reassurance that I am on the right path and with some help and workshops I can achieve my career goals.
Thanks again Betty, for your extensive knowledge and support towards getting me on the right track.
Betty showed me things on my resume I had not thought for example my time line and many other things that were missing. I have not been out of work in a very long time. With her help, I finally got the updates on how my resume should look. Along with my resume, helping me with and giving me the tools to do a cover letter, which I have never done was just amazing. The knowledge and the tools I have now I can never repay her for. When I left her office, I felt like a million dollar man wanting to take on the world Once again Betty thank you for time, knowledge and great sense humor you are awesome !