Sometimes looking for work can feel like a roller coaster ride; emotions run high and we wonder if we’ll ever get that next position. Give yourself a morning to learn some simple techniques that will help you re-energize and reboot your job search! In the Positivity: Training Your Brain workshop you will:
- Become aware of how negativity affects your life.
- Learn three simple ways to amplify your positivity.
(Formerly the Living in Your Job Search workshop)
What Clients Are Saying About the Positivity: Train Your Brain Workshop
Were your expectations met?
- Yes, the aspect on gratitude was great.
- Yes great tools and strategies were given that I can use right away.
- Allow us to have open dialogue that we are not alone.
- Yes great ideas and techniques for shifting mental state. Improving mood, energy and motivation.
- Yes, I have already been doing many things to maintain positivity, but this workshop showed me ways I can improve.
- Helps to look at the whole person to see what other tools can be helpful.
- Yes I feel that I am on a right path.
What is you opinion on the quality of the workshop?
- Betty has developed a focused and concise workshop that has addressed a lot of issues I am
There was practical discussion and everyone felt being on the same platform at one point or the other.
- Great tools and reminders of why I need to be positive I will use this as a resource.
- Very well organized and presented the facilitator very well versed and experienced in this subject and field.
- Gives a ton of good positivity info for those who may not know where to start.
- Strait to the point clear.
Betty lightens a dampness well filled with self reflection and realistic ideas.
- Yes, to see people with the same hopes and fears made me feel better.
- Touched on several key topics.
- Yes it was a very helpful workshop to reinforce my tools I am currently using.
- Connected well with the group used personal stories to make a positive point.
What was the most important topic you learned today?
- I am reminded that “This too shall Pass” not everything has to suck.Gratitude.
- Positive self talk & breathing to stay in the moment.
- Balance and not alone on attitude and feelings.
- Ways that I can bring my attention back to the present.
- How to reverse negative thoughts.
- Self care realizing I have been doing more than I give myself credit for.
- Mindfulness & Gratitude All of it.
- How we talk to ourselves has an outcome of how we do.
Do you intend to do anything differently in your job search as a result of this workshop?
- Reframing self talk can make a difference.
- I intend to remind myself daily in writing that I have many things to be grateful for.
- Positive self talk and apply for things even if I generally would not or have doubts about.
- I will be more positive and grateful.
- Adding more mindfulness.
- I believe this should increase my confidence for Interviews.
- Be more positive awareness, because it improves my life all around.
- I will continue what I am doing but I know this will allow me to continue as I was feeling very discouraged.
- Broader scope, improved attitude increases likelihood of success.
- I feel more confident.
- Spiritual practice will give me space from the worries of job search.
- I feel more engaged.
- Take one day at a time and try to stay positive and reach out when needed.
Would you recommend this workshop to others? Why?
- You Guys are awesome keep doing what you’re doing and thank you for supporting people who need it.
- It gets you out and thinking.
- Most of my friends are positive but I see glimpses of not being kind to themselves as new grads.
- Very useful.
- Has many useful resources for those who are unaware of how to remain positive.
- Well done highly encouraging / I was skeptical about attending and this really helped me – Thank You.
- It is a great eye opener and leads to breaking through barriers in job search.
- OVRC has an excellent grasp of how someone looking for employment is feeling and what they need to do to secure employment. This Positivity Workshop filled the touchy feely emotions that I am experiencing.