1/200 resumes result in a job offer, but 1/12 informational interviews result in a job offer. Why are informational interviews such an efficient and effective job search strategy? Let’s learn, prepare and practice together. In this workshop we will:
- Discuss why asking for advice is a smart job search strategy.
- Learn the three steps for Informational Interview preparation:
- Discover where to find people to interview.
- Prepare a clean and clear script.
- Develop a list of potential questions.
- Review tips for a respectful and professional Informational Interview.
- Discuss tips for making a lasting impression with potential employers.
- Hear testimonials from previous clients who conducted Informational Interview.
Staff referral is required to take the informational interviews workshop.
What Clients are Saying About Informational Interviews
What do you know now that you didn’t know before?
- The percent of success of asking for informational interviews.
- How to make the cold call; how to prepare; how to accept and be comfortable with knowing little about a prospective industry/employer.
- How to conduct an informational interview, start to finish.
- That informational interviews are much better ways (or have more chances) to land on a job.
- Confirmation that this can work.
What words would you use to describe the facilitator?
- Energetic, Thoughtful, Practical, Great!
- Knowledgeable and Resourceful.
- Dynamic and Positive.
- Just Awesome.
Why would you recommend this workshop to someone else? If not, why not? Please be specific.
- Yes, overall great info for completing and pulling together what I’ve learned in the additional courses offered at OVRC.
- I’d recommend this workshop to someone else because it’s probably the rarest thing done in the job search process, yet it seems so powerful, and a little scary, too but it’s worth trying!
- Yes, because it takes a lot of fear away and it gives a logical, step by step approach to starting.
- It is empowering.
- Yes it builds confidence for a new strategy in job seeking.
- I would recommend it to somebody who got bad experience from informational interviews and try OVRC for a fresher perspective.
- Yes! I learned lots of practical skills, made me excited to go out and try informational interviews, gave me confidence!