Is it time for a career change? Are you unsure what direction to take? Sign up for the Career Exploration workshop! On the first day of this workshop, we will participate in activities that will identify our values, our skills, our attributes, our past occupational experiences, and our personality types. On the second day, we will discover occupational research websites where we will evaluate occupations using our self-exploration inventory. The Career Exploration workshop is an excellent tool for defining career satisfaction. This workshop will provide you with the opportunity to take an inventory of your:
- Skills, attributes and values
- Past work/volunteer experience
- Occupational interests
- Work activities and environment
- Personality type
You will also get the tools to research, and assess occupations using the information gathered from your inventory to ensure that your next chapter will be positive and rewarding!
What Clients Are Saying About Career Exploration
What do you know now that you didn’t know before?
- So much! How to find career sectors, how to determine my values and desired skills, finding research, resources at my disposal, and so much more!!
- Prior to taking this, I did not think I had a chance at the job market and landing a decent job. ow I have hope.
- Importance of values for figuring occupation possibilities, how my interests, hobbies and skills can transfer to jobs.
- I have a more clear view of my own values and skills, and how they would match up with career options.
- How to dig deeper into myself and be open-minded about potential jobs that match my skills, values and attributes.
- Have a better understanding of my wants and needs as well as more comfortable starting to look for a job.
- More refined methods of personal investigation of skills and attributes in careers
What words would you use to describe the facilitator?
- Friendly, Welcoming, Kind, Encouraging, Supportive, Insightful, Engaging.
- Willing to help, honest, a person you feel comfortable opening up to for help.
- A perfect fit for her job and a role model for people looking for the right job.
- Motivating and Informative.
- Excellent, Interactive, Excited, Positive, and Knowledgeable.
- Inspiring, Dynamic, Kept interest in topic.
Why would you recommend this workshop to someone else? If not, why not? Please be specific.
- It is a very good place to start a job search. Knowing oneself is a very good place to start. I wish they would do this program for kids in school!
- I would recommend this workshop to those who are uncertain or unhappy with their current career path. Because I lived for a long time with no clarity or direction.
- It’s enlightened and broadened my understanding of myself and how to utilize what I have.
- It helps simplify things it’s not so scary anymore.
- Yes, because it helps narrow down a dizzying array of options and focuses the search.
- Yes, it furthers my knowledge of self in a manner tangibly relatable to career opportunities.
- Anyone considering making a change in their career path would find this workshop extremely useful.
- Yes, I believe this workshop can be a useful aid to those lost and/or confused about their professional future.