Don’t lose the job offer because of poor references. Learn how to select references that will speak positively on your behalf and help seal the deal. In this workshop, clients will learn how to:
- Choose references that will have a positive impact;
- Help references help them in their job search;
- Create a well-formatted, professional looking References page.
What Clients Are Saying About Making Smart Reference Choices
What do you know now that you didn’t know before?
- Three questions to ask your references.
- Several added components to keep more professional.
- Making smart reference choices.
- Asking the 3 questions to your person, making your reference page match your resume.
- To confirm my references about my skills and weaknesses.
- The three questions to ask (what are my strengths, weaknesses, would you hire me).
- I know who to seek as references, how to prepare the, and what to ask to see if they will be the right choice.
- Provide good time to call, attaching resume with the email when notifying the references, keeping in touch with the references, write down on the calendar when to keep in touch.
- Maintaining reference relationships throughout my career.
- More options for people to use as a reference; etiquette with references; possible pitfalls.
- It reminded me that volunteering can be used a reference.
- References are very important to employer and keep a growing relationship with them
What words would you use to describe the facilitator?
- Knowledgeable, Enthusiastic.
- Great, Awesome.
- Very thorough.
- Covers everything and is warm.
Why would you recommend this workshop to someone else? If not, why not? Please be specific.
- Information collection adds to more professional presentation.
- Yes, it’s a great place and workshops I would recommend it to other people, friends, family.
- I would recommend the workshop to a young person with not much experience looking for a job.
- If they are like me (not looked for work in 30 years), refreshes you.
- I would recommend because it is very useful about how to choose good references.
- Yes, because it would be helpful in the long run.
- Yes, because I didn’t know very much about references and now I feel knowledgeable.
- It is very informative and precise