Researching a company has many benefits. It can help you decide where to apply for work, what to include in your cover letter and resume, and also prepare for the interview. With a variety of free resources it’s also easy. In this workshop you will learn:
- The benefits of research
- How long it takes to research
- where to research, and
- How to develop research questions
What Clients Are Saying
- The practical hands on exercise to research the targeted company from the job ad is very beneficial.
- I now understanding the benefit of research; discovering useful search and resources and how to research for questions.
- Excited to begin using the information I was given.
What word would you use to describe the workshop?
Informative on new ideas (how to start a cover letter, company buzzword. Opened my eyes to what to ask when looking for information on a company. Focused.
What activity(ies) or information did you find most helpful?
- All in booklet and questions to answer when researching our job ad (agency interested to work for).
- Research questions.
- The practical hands on exercise to research the targeted company from the job ad.
- Understanding the benefit of research; discovering useful search and resources and how to research.
- Doing the job search, research questions.
- Going through research questions.
- Facilitator encourages lots of class participation.
How effective was the facilitator in presenting the material and relating to you as a participant?
- Clear, open, engaging.
- Very effective.
- Always informative and professional.
- Great and very helpful.
- Very effective, got all participants involved.
- Positive, well-prepared, fun.
- Interesting, you could feel her excitement for all the students’ successes.
- Great energy, motivating, considerate, open.
- Excellent instructor.
- Very concise, professional and enthusiastic.
- Passionate, clear, respectful.
- Direct, efficient, and effective.
How has your understanding of the topic increased after participating in the workshop?
- To help me in finding how to research about a company.
- It increased by allowing me to network with the participants of the workshop.
- Added to my knowledge, more resources, networking.
- Yes there are many different websites and information to research.
- I’ve got way more ideas of how to research companies.
- My understanding of the topic increased my knowledge in searching key information to be used in job interviews.
- It increased. There were additional reasons I haven’t thought about and I’ve learned more strategies to effectively research.
- I have learned how to use more methods of searching for company info.
- With the tools that are given to me to achieve success.
- Yes, I learned new tools to do the research.
- Yes, especially because I discover some useful tools.
- Had no idea how many areas of research I can use to help me find the right job fit for employment.
- I had never heard of Glassdoor and was reminded that other tools I had already heard of.
- I have a much better grasp of the questions I should be asking about companies I am seeking employment with.
- Expanded quite a bit.
- A great deal. Learned sequence of steps to apply for a job.
- Yes, more places to find needed info.
- The workshop demonstrated “what” to do with the info gathered in my search.
- Yes, I can now use tools like Facebook and Twitter for guides.
- Just more info on other places to search and benefits of research for interviews.
Why would you recommend this workshop to someone else? If not, why not? Please be specific.
- I would recommend it as it would help in finding an ideal job.
- I would recommend it.
- Helpful in guiding people towards learning about their search. Would recommend this workshop! Thank you.
- To give them the confidence and knowledge to successfully job search.
- Yes. Absolutely!
- Yes, anytime.
- The workshop provides great resources for research and recording answers.
- It has helped me so I think it would help anyone.
- I would recommend this workshop to anybody who is in a job search as it helps to get great new ideas. Thanks a lot!!
- Yes, especially for people that do not have much knowledge or experience researching online.
- Would recommend this workshop for anyone whom is actively looking for employment, for ways to get an edge on securing a job, and innovative ways in doing that. Helps to stay motivated and up-to-date in “new” areas of job research for success.
- Yes, I would recommend all OVRC workshops to anyone looking to further their career and better themselves.
- Yes, this an eye opener for me and can be for somebody else.
- Workshop is very informative and provides excellent guidelines.
How will the take home booklet(s) be helpful in implementing the concepts covered in the workshop?
- It will enable me to go back to all the sites discussed and go through the process of researching companies.
- The list of places to look will be a great reminder of where to look. The research questions are going to be my guide for every company I research!
- Review and complete the task in booklets.
- Very helpful it contains all the information I need.
- In this case, as a pointer or list of research tools.
- Will help me to be organized in job search and remember all the different resources to use.
- To find the method of researching different methods of job and company.
- I plan to use it as reference for my future research.
- Help in areas I was lacking in.
- The questions in the booklet will be useful for preparing for interviews as well as seeing if a target company’s values match mine.
- The take home booklet will help me in my research of companies during my job search.
- These will encourage me to turn my job search into a yes from a maybe.
- It allows me to review the material so I can retain the skills learned.
- I can apply to companies even if they are not hiring.
- Good questions to ask and be able to answer during interviews.
- Yes, I will share with others also.
- I like the step by step approach and feel it will be helpful.