Don’t lose the job offer because of poor references. Learn how to select references that will speak positively on your behalf and help seal the deal. In this workshop, clients will learn how to:
- Choose references that will have a positive impact;
- Help references help them in their job search;
- Create a well-formatted, professional looking References page.
What Clients Are Saying
What words would you use to describe the facilitator?
- Expects group participation.
- Knowledgeable, friendly, gracious in keeping us on target and also challenging some of our comments; encouraging.
- Clear, Systematic, Inspiring.
- Professional, kind, good listener and able to redirect when needed.
- Enthusiastic, informative, caring.
- Knowledgeable, answered all questions.
- Informative, open and answered all my questions very helpful!
How has your understanding of the topic increased after participating in the workshop?
- I learned how to be more specific and detailed in choosing my references and how to coach the references to be their most helpful to me.
- I have a better understanding of what I can do to help my references with questions they may be asked.
- Who to choose effectively; preparation of questions to ask, I can use clients\customers as references.
- Now I have a very clear idea what to do and how to do it.
- I feel more comfortable with my references.
- Having variety of tools.
- Very much so now. This workshop touched on the importance of maintaining contact with references, how to follow up.
- The wide variety of references that can be used, what question to ask when collecting references.
- Immensely, I realize now that my current references are “outdated” and that I need more current ones as well to provide more than 2 references.
- It increased my potential references list and how to contact them, prepare them and ask for their opinion.
- I will consider new options for references.
- I understand now that references are the last step to get your ideal job! So, choose them brightly.
- I understand what references should and should not be used and how to brief your references prior to reference check calls.
How will the take home booklet(s) be helpful in reviewing and implementing the concepts covered in the workshop?
- Provide information that can be reviewed.
- It will be helpful for future job research.
- The booklet will trigger memories of the conversations and be a guideline for preparing to interview and coach references.
- Can go over all of the information to reinforce it.
- Reminder of effective ways to prepare for reference questions, professional format.
- Rather helpful it’s important to review the information learned.
- I will keep it and reference it every job search.
- It further enhances the messages the facilitator was trying to get across.
- Being able as a point of reference in maintaining good references.
- This will help me to be prepared in what to ask and look for in a reference.
- I think it will be an excellent review tool so I can look back and update the info on my reference list.
- It will help me remember the important points we discussed and the advice.
- They fill in additional information touched on in class.
- It works as a reminder what are the steps to follow to have successful references.
- Provides working sheets and I can review and plan my references.
- Keep in contact with references, thank you cards, call backs and how to prepare references in advance.
- Yes, good lists to keep info up to date.
Why would you recommend this workshop to someone else? If not, why not? Please be specific.
- I would recommend this workshop because most people don’t look at references as being a “make or break” deciding factor in getting or not getting the position applied for.
- I will definitely recommend this workshop to other job seekers I meet.
- Yes, a person considering a promotion or job change would find this course useful.
- Because this provide valuable tips to success in your job search.
- Yes certainly.
- There is more to choosing the correct references and how important this part is!
- Yes, I would tell other people.
- Very beneficial; I will totally recommend this workshop to anybody!
- I really had no idea how to ensure that my references will be helpful now I know and I think anyone seeking employment would benefit from this workshop.