Sometimes looking for work can feel like a roller coaster ride; emotions run high and we wonder if we’ll ever get that next position. Give yourself a morning to learn some simple techniques that will help you re-energize and reboot your job search! In this workshop you will:
- Become aware of how negativity affects your life.
- Learn three simple ways to amplify your positivity.
What Clients Are Saying About Living In My Job Search
What motivated you to take this workshop?
- Loss of job, career counsellor mentioned it would be good for me.
- Feeling trapped and isolated in my job search.
- To learn how to live day-to-day while looking for work.
- To learn how to deal with the stress, negativity and despair of being unemployed.
- I needed to look at ways to overcome my out of control negativity
What do you know now that you didn’t know before?
- Keeping a positive attitude and keep seeking more positive people.
- The idea that it’s false that people are as happy as they make their minds up to be.
- That our minds go to a negative as a default.
- How to increase my positivity with a gratitude list.
- I like how it went through to create a toolbox of strategies.
- Strategies and tips on how to manage your mind, spirit and body.
- How to deal with a negative person.
- Thesaurus is a good tool for finding positive words to replace negative words.
- New books, new tools, new research, better understanding of how others are feeling.
- I know what strategies I can use to become more positive and motivated
What activity(ies) did you find most helpful?
- Identifying negative people and thought patterns and how to circumvent them.
- The brainstorming and group discussions.
- How to deal with a negative person because it also highlights how others may treat you if you’re negative.
- Group interactive activities, brainstorming.
- Hearing and sharing other participants ideas and how I could apply if in my life.
- Realizing I have no current negative people in my life except me! Meeting the positive people in the class
What words would you use to describe the facilitator?
- Warm, Honest, Direct.
- Jude is an awesome trainer/facilitator!!.
- Bold, Positive, Vibrant, Energetic!.
- Helpful, Courteous, Thought Provoking
How will the take home booklet(s) be helpful in reviewing and implementing the concepts covered in the workshop?
- So many resources – books, talks, etc, phrases to review, a resource web.
- it’ll be very helpful because it has lots of wonderful and useful information and resources to review and explore.
- Visuals are important so it’s nice to have something to look back on and review.
- It will help me be more prepared to have a positive mind.
- Will help me identify and apply tips and strategies immediately.
- This one will be incredibly helpful
Why would you recommend this workshop to someone else? If not, why not? Please be specific.
- Yes insightful on the benefits of staying positive.
- Yes! I’d definitely recommend it to someone else because it’s very invaluable, and motivating, something that we need in all aspects of our life, especially when we’re in our job search and our motivation is low.
- I’d recommend it because confidence, positivity and much needed self-care is important to growing, learning and living in your job search!.
- Keeps you positive as you search “The Big Bad Job World”.
- It would be excellent for anyone in job search mode to stay positive and focused.
- If folks need ideas on how to go about living in job search, here’s where you go!.
- I would highly recommend it to people who are full-time job seekers- who are not getting job offers despite of putting in the work and time in applying for jobs.
- It is very helpful and motivational not just for job search positivity but everyday positivity.
- Because it open your eyes to something you never thought of