Is it time for a career change? Are you unsure what direction to take? Sign up for the Career Exploration workshop! On the first day of this workshop, we will participate in activities that will identify our values, our skills, our attributes, our past occupational experiences, and our personality types. On the second day, we will discover occupational research websites where we will evaluate occupations using our self-exploration inventory. The Career Exploration workshop is an excellent tool for defining career satisfaction. This workshop will provide you with the opportunity to take an inventory of your:
- Skills, attributes and values
- Past work/volunteer experience
- Occupational interests
- Work activities and environment
- Personality type
You will also get the tools to research, and assess occupations using the information gathered from your inventory to ensure that your next chapter will be positive and rewarding!
What Clients Are Saying
- What I learned will help me avoid repeating past errors or mistakes.
- I will be able to evaluate my future with a stronger personal knowledge whether a career path fits or not.
- I’m grateful for the time and information that was gifted to me today!
- Very thankful to have this resource certainly a need for anyone exploring new career options.
- By knowing my strengths and weaknesses I have a greater idea of what occupations I want to pursue.
What word would you use to describe the workshop?
Positive. Helpful. Excellent. Meaningful and hopeful. Very informative and useful. Educational. Motivational. Awesome. Fabulous. Efficient. Useful. Productive. Comprehensive. Systematic. Inspirational. Enthusiastic, friendly, helpful. Professional, able to make the most of available time and resources. Comforting, motivating, encouraging
What word would you use to describe the instructor in presenting the material and relating to you as a participant?
Excellent. Passionate and very helpful. Inviting. Well-spoken and friendly!. Knowledgeable. Energetic. Enthusiastic. Dynamic. Focused. Skilled. Relatable. Respectful. Inspiring. Interesting. Clear. Perfect. Relatable Kristina made an effort to make the material relatable to each person. Supportive. Informative. Humble. Understanding. Interactive. Excellent. Very well spoken. Let’s agree Kristina has definitely done her homework and she is good at her job. Skilled. Passionate. Positive energy, personable, empowering, and wants to help I should have come to OVRC first.
What activity(ies) or lessons did you find most helpful?
- Values and skills booklet.
- Matching values with jobs.
- Career Cruising and inventory of skills process.
- I think all of the activities were helpful for me.
- Taking inventory of values and skills.
- Finding skills and attributes and applying them to prospective jobs.
- Learning to use Career Cruising.
- Exploring our values and skills.
- Learning about useable strengths I have.
- Learning about the Career Cruising Website.
- Inventory workbook was extremely valuable.
- Career Exploration Results! Helpful for my job matching.
- The analysis of my attributes and abilities which will help me to look for work that suit me rather than trying to make myself suitable for the work that is available.
- Cards exercises, personality inventory and exploration .
- Job bank (NOC) was very systematic, organized and well laid out which makes me eager to use it.
- Sorting through the cards and seeing what I value.
- The system for tying skills and interests to a job sector to present several options to choose from.
- Career Cruising and personality analysis.
- Career research exploration.
- Personal inventories, personality types, learning to look for values and skills.
- Receiving the personality test results.
- Personality quiz and results.
- Values and personality type.
- Career Cruising Website and related careers.
- The advanced specified job search.
- Career Exploration Booklets, going through my values, my skills and my attributes.
- Filling out the results book.
- I found the whole course quite interesting, beginning to end
How has your understanding of the topic increased after participating in the workshop?
- Yes it has helped a lot.
- I understand more about my values, skills, attributes.
- A lot more, very helpful to find my personality type.
- It opened up my resources.
- It substantially increased my understanding of the topic.
- Immensely there are so many options.
- Greatly I now know what an where to look for to understand myself more.
- I can research areas based on skills and values.
- Yes! I feel it has helped me to narrow down choices and focus.
- My understanding increased a lot, and I can better define myself now.
- Yes, now I have new ways of acquiring information. I also have a better understanding of what I want from a job.
- It opened my eyes to what will be needed to make that proper job.
- career choice.
- I have learned a lot about existing tools to continue career exploration.
- It has brought me to understand myself and my goals better.
- It has provided insight to myself which I can apply to my career search / A lot of good info and direction.
- I’ve learned what I should go for an how to go for it.
- I have a better idea of what I should be looking for when doing job research.
- I have an understanding of my personality type, the work and environment I want to be in.
- Yes, I have a better understanding and more hopeful outlook on a career I am best suited for .
- Participation allowed for more clarification / Very much so was quite eye opening
How will the take home booklet(s) be helpful in reviewing and implementing the concepts covered in the workshop?
- It will help me keep track of my values and skills and compare career options.
- The booklet will provide a framework to organize and identify important factors when considering a career.
- Very simple to follow and great help on my job search.
- It will allow me to have a reference/guideline to use when searching for career paths.
- It’ll be helpful to go over this information again and to further hone in on what direction I want to take.
- It will help me focus on my skills and more importantly what I actually want in my career.
- The booklets cover the information presented, which allows for an easier digestion.
- It will keep me focused and on track / A great guide and a super summary of the value cards.
- It will be helpful to continue exercises and have people who know me well to look it over with me.
- Great reference to keep moving towards goals and job/career placement.
- I will have a clear guide map to planning a career and job search.
- The booklets will help me to look for the work I want.
- I’ll know what jobs don’t suit me.
- It will be helpful in determining the exact career I want and feel comfortable in looking at the tallies and the content.
- It will give me a better perspective on my values and aspirations.
- The benefits of knowing my values and what I want out of a job.
- Allows me to be focused on how to do a targeted self-awareness and apply that to job ads
Why would you recommend this workshop to someone else? If not, why not? Please be specific.
- Yes it was very informational .
- Great staff to work with!
- It provides you with the tools and resources you must know and have, even if you are not looking for a new job right now.
- It’s a good way to find out about oneself and to be able to use this info to search career options.
- Yes, I totally would.
- The workshop shows people different methods and techniques to learn about themselves in the working environment.
- It will give them the tools and confidence to get the job they want.
- Yes, especially people who are working but dissatisfied.
- It’s great to learn tools, resources, and connections to further explore attainable and desirable career options.
- Yes best thing I did in my job search.
- When you’re my age, one gets lost in the past and it brings me to the present. It’s good.
- Great focus to plan and know where to start on job searching as to know ourselves as strengths, skills, expectation and support / Self-knowledge is important for selling yourself to prospective employers.
- Because it helps you realize what you’d be happy doing.
- I already told my friends to come who are struggling to pick a career or decide what to do for schooling. If it helped me this much in a big way, I know it will do the same for them / I would absolutely recommend to those in need as I found it to be quite informative.
- Yes it gave some great insights into what skills and attributes I can bring to the table in my job search.
- Already have!
- This workshop forces you to create and prioritize actual lists of important life aspects.
- When you’ve been in the same field/industry for a while, this helps you break it down step by step to guide you step by step without being overwhelmed and confused.
- I recommend it because it is very good for improving and discovering your skills.