Get the skills and confidence to ace your next interview by attending this two day workshop! In addition to learning how to answer standard, behaviour descriptive and situational interview questions, you will also have time to practice your responses and get feedback from workshop participants and the workshop facilitator. Join us for this fun, interactive and engaging workshop. In this workshop you will:
- How to make a great first impression.
- How to identify questions employers will ask.
- Confidently responding to the three types of interview questions.
- How to turn a negative situation into a positive outcome.
You will also have the opportunity to put learned skills into practice by rehearsing your responses in mock interviews and also get feedback from the workshop participants.
What Clients Are Saying
- The Workshop made me feel more confidence about myself and how to act in an interview.
- Really gained a lot in this workshop as a new comer to Canada. Thanks!
- What an amazing workshop Thank you
- Thank you to OVRC!! Wish I had taken this workshop sooner it will be very helpful in my success
- I’d like to thank you for the excellent workshop that you did on “Acing That Interview”. It provided me with valuable information, great examples of what to expect and how to handle many of the questions. I certainly feel more prepared and look forward to my next interview! Great facilitation and thanks also for staying back to review the few things I missed.
What word would you use to describe the workshop?
Excellent. Informative. Comprehensive. Amazing. Very helpful. Good for me. Useful . Fantastic. Thorough. Exhausting. Very inspiring. Empowering . Wow, it was very interesting.
What activity(ies) or information did you find most helpful?
- Practice book.
- All the activities.
- Writing out experiences and self-descriptions.
- Situation questions. All lessons were helpful.
- Mock interviews made me realize how much I need to practice.
- Writing out answers to questions and being critiqued; mock interviews.
- How to answer specific questions.
- What employers/interviewers look for.
- Weaknesses and SAP and AP.
- Working in the Workbook.
- The formulas for answering tough interview questions.
- It very helpful for you to have a structure to present your answer more effective .
- The structure in which to answer FAQs during interviews.
- All of lessons, EQAL, JEEP, PNP, SAP
What word would you use to describe the instructor in presenting the material and relating to you as a participant?
- Professional. Knowledgeable. Very good!. Connected. Enthusiastic. Patient. Excellent.
- Jude was very good at being empathetic and listening.
- Interesting and engaging.
- Exciting, , educated, dedicated empathetic.
- Effective. Efficient.
- Detailed-oriented, driven, well informed.
- Sharp, education, master at organization of the workshop, and able to connect with everyone and understand where they are coming from.
- Very knowledgeable and focused.
- Thank you Jude, I really appreciate you.
- Awesome it has been a long time since I’ve had the pleasure of working with a professional like Jude.
- Positive, helpful and a great listener.
- Great, awesome, friendly, informative, accurate.
- Enthusiastic, warm, engaging, supportive, encouraging, informative.
- Supportive, organized, willing to help.
- Excellent facilitator. Jude knew the information well and expressed it effectively.
- She was respectful to everyone and offered one on one help.
How will the take home booklet(s) be helpful in reviewing and implementing the concepts covered in the workshop?
- It is everything for remember the formulas.
- Very helpful whenever I have to do an interview, I have all the materials to prepare.
- When I get a job interview will help immensely.
- Will help me prepare extensively and cater the prep work for each individual interview.
- I will use them to review the responses before the interview.
- They will be very helpful when preparing for interviews.
- It will be my resource to focus in my interview practice.
- Very useful the booklet it will guide me.
- Allow me to practice what I learned.
- It will help me remember what I’ve learned here and employ it on different job requirements and interview questions.
- I now have a road map and formula that I can apply when preparing answers for interview questions.
- Definite help will provide guidance.
- Wonderful and informative.
- It provides great examples and tips to use n my answers.
- Will help me stay focused and on track.
- I intend to work on answers to each concept and question, catering the responses to the places of employment I am looking for I am definitely keeping my booklets close and summarizing onto cue cards.
How has your understanding of the topic increased after participating in the workshop?
- Definitely I became more confident and knowledgeable.
- Yes, what an asset it has been this is a wonderful workshop.
- My understanding has increased a great deal on how to answer questions we may be asked.
- Greatly increased.
- I found that I can use the formulas to refine my answers. It really helps to focus.
- Very much with practical tools to use.
- A lot I have a book of info now to put in practice.
- Introduced to formulas that increased the ease of formulating answers to standard interview questions My understanding improved greatly. I learned many new things and principles to better prepare for one. It’s increased significantly through participating in this workshop thank you!!
- Yes, it made me aware of what interviewers look for and practically how to analyze and highlight my experience.
- Clear, detailed and the ability to understand different perspectives and points of view.
- I had to really look at what was happening that I did not get jobs and Jude showed me more than 100 ways I could improve.
- I feel more confident after this course and I understand the interview process a lot better
Why would you recommend this workshop to someone else?
- It is a well-designed workshop for someone who works full time and needs this info in a nutshell.
- Yes, and already did it.
- Totally, I will recommend, it will expand the mind in this subject.
- Yes, friendly supportive environment. It shows they cared and I wasn’t just a statistic.
- I will definitely recommend it to others because it is very beneficial for me and helped me organize my thoughts and my examples and answers for potential questions. Thank you very much!!
- Yes, absolutely.
- Yes. I appreciate the encouragement to actively participate and I walked away empowered.
- Definitely, I was concerned that there was a degree of difference between participant skill but everyone worked together.
- Yes, I found it very helpful and supportive and I have photocopied the December schedule and handing them out while singing the praises of OVRC all the time.
- Great presentation, very thorough, interesting and desirable info for job search.
- Yes is great program .
- Knowledge about what employers are looking for and how to present it effectively I am already recommending this workshop. This was extremely helpful .
- Yes, thanks for your help. I intend to write the Labour Minister of my experience.
- Yes I would recommend this workshop.
- I would recommend to someone to this workshop. Among everything else they offer at OVRC.
- Absolutely. Great volumes of info, tips advice, guidelines that are highly effective.
- Yes anyone undertaking a job search would be well empowered; with the info to be successful
- Absolutely! Thank you!
- I would recommend this workshop because the skills taught here are taught nowhere else I’ve been.